I cannot tell you how many diets and how much money I have seen spent on pills and programs to lose weight, just to gain it right back on afterward. Time and time again, promises were made only to be let down shortly after the diet or program was over. This leads to gaining more weight than was lost, it leaves you self-conscious, disappointed, and feeling like a failure. The truth of the matter is: DIETS DON’T WORK! [Read more…]
Fair warning, my dear readers. This post is a bit more lengthy than normal and I completely understand if you prefer to skip this one. However, before you leave please note that the main point of this post is to urge you all to try a massage therapy regimen if you are dealing with a lot of anxiety or stress. I do believe that it can do you wonders. Also, make sure to scroll down for the knitting bonus tip!
I had an epiphany this past weekend. I have heard of this for a quite some time but never fully understood it until now. We hold a lot of our stress, negative emotions and trauma in our muscles. It is SO important to release that negative energy from your body. [Read more…]
Deep belly breathing
Long walks in the park
The list goes on…
We live in a world that gives us so many choices and information galore. Have you ever stopped to think that sometimes, its best to just do nothing? [Read more…]
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large onion or leek, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 inch ginger, peeled and chopped
- 2 large carrots, chopped
- 1 large zucchini, chopped
- 2 stalks of celery, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley
- 1 cup kale, sliced into thin strips
- 1 cup of baby spinach
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 4 cups Vegetable Broth or Water
- Sauté onion, ginger, and garlic in olive oil until fragrant, about 4 minutes.[br][cap id=”attachment_760″ align=”aligncenter” width=”225″][url href=”http://amberdugger.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/Step1-225×300.jpg”][img src=”http://amberdugger.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/Step1-225×300.jpg” width=”225″ height=”300″ class=” size-medium” title=”Step1″][/url]Garlic, Ginger and Onion[/cap]
- Put all ingredients in a pot and bring to a boil.[br][cap id=”attachment_760″ align=”aligncenter” width=”300″][url href=”http://amberdugger.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/Veggie-Goodness-300×300.jpg”][img src=”http://amberdugger.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/Veggie-Goodness-300×300.jpg” width=”300″ height=”300″ class=” size-medium” title=”Veggie Goodness”][/url]Veggie Goodness in the Pot[/cap]
- Reduce heat and simmer until all veggies are cooked thoroughly, about 20 minutes.
- Spoon into bowls and serve. Enjoy!
I love these carrots. Trader Joe’s always delivers!