We all do this. We get in a breakfast funk. Smoothie, oatmeal, fruit – whatever. Sometimes, the routine just doesn’t sound satisfying. That was my situation this morning. I looked in my fridge, closed my eyes and grabbed three things. It turned out to be a surprising success. The egg and avocado combination is surprisingly delicious and the greens rounds out the breakfast nicely. Next time you feel in a rut with your breakfast routine, consider giving this a try. I am adding it to the rotation! Please share with someone you love. Namaste. 🙂
Avocado, Egg & Toast
Recipe Type: Breakfast
Serves: 1 to 2 servings
A simple yet delicious breakfast to break you out of your breakfast routine.
- 1 avocado, smashed
- 2 pieces of whole grain toast (I used [url href=”https://www.foodforlife.com/product/breads/ezekiel-49-sprouted-whole-grain-bread” target=”_blank” title=”Ezekiel Sprouted Whole Grain Bread”]Ezekiel Sprouted Whole Grain Bread[/url])
- 2 eggs
- Large handful of Power Greens or any green (kale, spinach etc)
- Dash of ground tumeric
- Dash of ground cayenne
- Dash of salt & pepper (or [url href=”https://www.penzeys.com/cgi-bin/penzeys/p-penzeysfoxpoint.html” target=”_blank”]Fox Point Seasoning from Penzey’s[/url] – my go to spice blend: ah-mazing)
- 1 T of bacon fat or olive oil
- Toast bread.
- Cook eggs over easy.
- Cut avocado in half, take out the pit and scoop out one half of avocado and lightly smash onto each piece of toast.
- Sprinkle a tiny bit of salt (I used black truffle salt from a local olive oil shop but any salt will do).
- Once eggs are cooked, place an egg on each piece of toast and add freshly ground pepper to taste.
- Heat bacon fat or olive oil in pan used for eggs. Once heated, place the glorious greens and cover. This will help heat and wilt the greens a bit faster. Saute greens and add tumeric and cayenne as well as salt and pepper or Foxy Fox (my nickname for my beloved Fox Point).
- Add sauteed greens to the plate and enjoy!
Yum! I love avocados and have made a variation of this before. I love the idea of adding greens as a side!
Thanks, Lisa! Greens go great as a side to almost anything. Such a great way to get nutrients and helps keep you satiated. Thanks for the comment and review! 🙂
the photos are beautiful, looks delicious!
Thank you, Meg! It was so good – I hope you try it! Let me know if you do! 🙂
Mmmmm. That looks yummy and nutritious!