Let’s be honest, some of us online entrepreneurs have been too scared or too uninformed to look at our income and expense numbers with any kind of clarity. Isn’t that what bookkeepers are for?
Well, the answer is yes….and no!
Let me explain
In my experience it’s best to have three main financial roles covered in a successful business; a Bookkeeper, a Tax Accountant, and a Cash Flow Manager (hint hint….this is what we do in Profit for Keeps).
Let’s quickly discuss what these roles do:
– Bookkeeper – makes sure that every income and expense is recorded and categorized in an accounting software platform, preparing records for your tax accountant. This role is about looking back over transactions that have already happened
– Tax Accountant – prepares and files your tax returns using information from your bookkeeper, determines exact tax payment amounts. This role is about looking back over the past quarter/year.
– Cash Flow Manager – develops and maintains a spending plan, giving every dollar an intention and a powerful purpose. This role is about looking forward (visionary).
Can you guess which role I am empowering YOU to step into? That’s right, you are going to become your own Cash Flow Manager! You are the visionary, my friend, and NO ONE cares more about the future of your business than you do.
Stay tuned for more on what being a Cash Flow Manager looks like for you but in this week’s episode of Profit for Joy TV, we are talking All. About. Bookkeepers.
– What a bookkeeper does (and what they are NOT meant to be doing)
– Why you need one
– What to look for in a bookkeeper
Comment below and let us know what your personal experience has been with bookkeepers! Do you have one? How’s that working for you? Give them a shoutout if you love them! ❤️
What did you think of this week’s Profit for Joy TV tip? We’d love to hear your thoughts!
– Subscribe to the YouTube channel to get notifications when new video tips are available!
– Leave a comment below to let us know what experiences you’ve had with bookkeepers
– Discover the cash flow management software we recommend HERE.
Have a topic you’d like to hear some tips about? We’d love to hear from you! Click here to let us know!
Let’s stay in touch!
– Join Sweet Life, Purposeful Money – our community of soul-based, creative entrepreneurs looking to increase money love, awareness and finally get control of both personal and business finances. In this community, you’ll have the opportunity to share topics that you’d like tips about. I’d love to hear from you!