I don’t specialize in relationship coaching per se, but I know one thing for sure…money can wreak havoc on partnerships. A strong financial foundation is the key to so many aspects of freedom, happiness and long term peace; whether you are single or in a relationship. It is incredibly important that if you are in a relationship, that you and your partner are on the same page and are fully committed to learning and implementing a system that works for you both. I feel so strongly about this that I actually won’t work with clients whose partners are not 100% on board with working through the Profit for Keeps framework. It is simply because without both parties on board, success is not possible and I don’t want to waste anyone’s money or time. Most importantly, I want to set you up for the best chance for success.
You might be surprised by how much couples learn about communication during this process. It’s not always easy but it’s always worth it. If you can learn to talk about your finances and give your money purposeful, personal intentions, your relationship will be strengthened.
This sobering statistic is thankfully an avoidable one: money is the second most common reason for divorce (behind infidelity)! It is totally possible to flip this around and make discussing money and planning your spending a thing of joy.
In this week’s episode of Profit for Joy TV, we’re going to be talking about how to become successful at budgeting with a partner.
- Why it’s important that your partner is on board
- How to be successful involving your partner (without pulling teeth!)
Suggested actions after watching:
- Write down the reasons why implementing a budget for your family could be a win. Are you already imagining the possible objections from your partner? Write those down too!
- Initiate a conversation with your partner. Start by asking what they feel they are currently not able to do with the way finances are being currently handled. Typically, a resistant partner is only resistant because there is fear or concern that there will be further restriction or things taken away that are important to them. Focus on what is most important and determine if there is a way to include it in your new plan.
Comment below and share your key takeaways from this episode! Are you a bit nervous to have the conversation with your partner? Share below what might be stopping you (or share if you plan to do it!)
What did you think of this week’s Profit for Joy episode? We’d love to hear your thoughts!
- Subscribe to the YouTube channel to get notifications when new episodes are available!
- Leave a comment below to let us how your chat went!
- Discover the cash flow management software we recommend HERE.
Have a topic you’d like to hear some tips about? We’d love to hear from you! Click here to let us know!